Looking for an affordable way to improve user engagement with your firm’s website? Email marketing may be the answer.
There’s a reason that email marketing has been around for decades. It’s an affordable, reasonably low-effort, effective way of getting clients to engage with your content. That was true over 40 years ago when Digital Equipment Corp. sent the very first mass email campaign to 400 recipients, and it remains true to this day.
Think about it like this: Email marketing is like a fishing net, lying in wait in the water to catch potential clients. With the right bait (content) and a well-crafted net (email), you can reel these clients in!
In this blog post, we’ll explore why email marketing is worth investing in, and share some best practices for law firms looking to improve their email marketing efforts and ultimately reel in more clients.
Why invest in email marketing?
Did you know that for every $1 spent on email marketing, the average return on investment (ROI) is $44.25?
In other words, if a law firm invests $1,000 in email marketing, they could potentially generate $44,250 in revenue as a result of their email campaigns. This demonstrates that email marketing has the potential to generate significant revenue for businesses, including law firms.
Still not convinced about email marketing’s effectiveness? Here are some other reasons you should consider investing in email marketing:
- It allows you to reach a large audience quickly and cost-effectively
- It’s also highly customizable, allowing firms to personalize messages to specific groups of clients or potential clients.
- Its success is trackable, allowing firms to measure and analyze campaign success and adjust strategies as needed. By analyzing metrics such as open rates, click-through rates, and conversion rates, law firms can optimize their campaigns and ensure they are resonating with their audience.
Email marketing best practices
Personalize your emails
Each member of your target audience might be getting over 100 emails a day. So, how do you get them to open your email?
One word: personalization.
Studies have shown that personalized emails have a 29% higher open rate and 41% higher click-through rate than emails without personalization.
There are a number of ways to personalize your content, including:
- Addressing your recipient by their first name: This may seem like a small detail, but it can make a big difference in how your message is received.
- Segmenting your email list: Did you know that you can segment your firm’s email list based on factors such as location, industry, or interests? This allows you to tailor your messaging to each specific group, making it more relevant to their needs and interests. For instance, if you are a law firm with offices in multiple cities, you can send targeted emails to recipients in each city with information about local events or legal developments.
- Tailoring email content based on a user’s behavior: For instance, if a recipient has previously clicked on links related to family law, you could tailor the email marketing content to show them more information about your family law services.
Incorporate a clear call to action
Don’t assume that your recipients know what action to take after reading your email.
To avoid confusion and increase the likelihood of conversion, include a clear call to action in your emails. This could be anything from scheduling a consultation to downloading a whitepaper to reading a legal op-ed you recently published. You can even consider incorporating buttons or links to make it as easy as possible for them to follow through on your call to action.
Let’s say a law firm sends out an email newsletter promoting its estate planning services. In the email, they should include a CTA button that says “Schedule a Consultation Today” and links to a landing page where recipients can schedule a consultation with one of the firm’s estate planning attorneys. By including this clear CTA, the law firm is making it easy for recipients to contact them and potentially convert them into clients.
Ensure emails are mobile-friendly
Nearly 1.7 billion users check emails on their mobile devices; chances are your audiences do this, too! It’s therefore extremely important that your emails are optimized for mobile viewing. Having a mobile-optimized email means that your email should be easy to read and interact with on a smaller screen.
To optimize your emails for mobile devices, consider using a single-column layout with large, easy-to-read font sizes. Keep your paragraphs short and use headings and bullet points to break up the text. Additionally, make sure any images or graphics used in your email are optimized for smaller screens and won’t take too long to load on mobile devices.
Email marketing is an incredibly powerful tool that can help law firms improve user engagement, attract new clients, and boost overall revenue.
Interested in seeing how email marketing can benefit your law firm in real life? Check out this case study of a law firm that successfully implemented email marketing strategies and reaped significant results.
If you’re ready to take your law firm’s email marketing to the next level, our team at Consultwebs is here to help. We offer tailored email marketing services designed to meet the unique needs of law firms, ensuring that your campaigns are both engaging and effective. Reach out to us today!