Criminal law is a highly competitive practice area within the legal industry, and with this fierce competition, there are also bountiful opportunities as potential clients are seeking your services offline and online.
Prospects that are seeking your services online are looking for fast solutions. They are facing charges or issues that require immediate attention, and the more readily available and knowledgeable you come across to them, the higher your chances are of having that prospect knock on your door. For many of your clients and prospects, the internet is their main channel to turn to for help. Why? Not only do people facing criminal charges have a plethora of questions, more often than not, they also require discretion.
How does this fit within the digital marketing realm? One word: visibility. As a criminal defense attorney, you should seek to appear on the first SERP search page and also clearly outline the steps your prospects would need to take towards signing you as their legal representation. This entails working on the content you create and publish to ensure it offers information that is truly valuable for your prospects, answering questions on public forums, showing 24/7 availability, and showcasing both your credibility and reputation through social proof. There are many other elements that you may want to choose to present to your online audience and just as many strategies you might want to explore. It’s a matter of looking into them individually and evaluating which ones sound both feasible and effective for your firm’s unique needs.
Legal marketing doesn’t have to be confusing and frustrating, though. This is where we come in. At Consultwebs, we have a built-in marketing strategy solely focused on law firms. With more than 20 years of experience, our company has been able to help lawyers in your field with thorough results-driven marketing campaigns. We know that there is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all approach. The digital marketing strategy crafted for your law firm is tailored to meet your specific wants and needs.
Why is Criminal Defense Law Marketing Different?
The criminal defense marketing industry is one of the most competitive ones in the realm of marketing. Throughout the years of working with a multitude of clients, we have come to understand what works for law firms in the criminal defense line. To give you an overview of marketing factors you may want to consider are:
Optimizing your GMB (Google My Business).
- Your prospects are searching for you online and are likely doing so as we speak! The search queries they may use to find the legal support they need includes a DUI lawyer, traffic offenses lawyer, a felony charge, etc. To ensure your firm pops up in the SERP despite the high competition for these keywords, you can optimize your Google My Business listing by including reviews, photos, contact information, etc. It all adds up in Google’s eyes, and every grain of sand helps boost your local traffic, quality leads, and rankings.
Marketing your points of difference.
- Criminal defense is a saturated marketing realm, so it is key to determine your firm’s main differentiators and use them to your advantage.
- Factors such as quality content, availability, and info on areas of specialization, qualifications, a FAQs section, etc. should all be within your prospects’ reach. These elements are considered a given in today’s digital landscape and not having them readily available for searchers will likely be your main deterrent of online business.
Using social media platforms is vital.
- Social media implementation is growing across all industries, the legal one included. A few benefits social media platforms offer your law firm include:
- A visual and content-based relationship with both clients and prospects
- Lead generator
- Showcase authenticity
Acquiring online reviews builds on your firm’s credibility, ability, and overall reputation.
- Online reviews can give your law firm a competitive advantage. It is a modern take on word-of-mouth and it helps boost your digital presence’s level of perceived trustworthiness.
- Even negative reviews and help position your firm in a flattering light. It’s all about how you respond to them: the more upfront, honest, and human your approach is, the more respectable you end up being in your searchers’ eyes.
Showcasing your criminal defense firm’s POD (point of difference).
- Place an extra focus on the areas in which your law firm is different from the rest. By focusing on them, your firm will stand out from the crowd, and as an added bonus, it will help hyper-target the prospects you want to see coming through your door!
- This could mean adding areas of specializations, where your firm practices, quality services, partnerships, the client service, etc.
Branding quality over quantity.
- Get specific while keeping in mind your firm’s overall vision and mission. Highly targeted marketing implies a heightened focus on quality over quantity, and this applies to all marketing areas.
The Consultwebs’ Approach to Criminal Defense Law Marketing
Did you know that there’s an average of 69,500 Google searches per month for queries such as “criminal defense attorney” and “DUI lawyer?” Prospects are now searching for legal services online more than ever, and it’s the perfect moment to start taking advantage of this opportunity if you haven’t already. Your best bet to capture relevant traffic and start seeing ROI from your digital marketing efforts is to determine what makes you unique in your market and use that factor to position your law firm for success.
At Consultwebs, we take pride in the comprehensive marketing approach our teams have refined over the years and we tailor your strategy to cater to your firm’s wants and needs. Our team of digital marketing experts have dedicated their careers to focusing entirely on the ins and outs of legal marketing and have learned to generate long-term growth strategies for all of our clients. To give you a taste of what you might expect if you choose to embark on this marketing journey alongside us, read on about the marketing tactics we have to offer: