If you’re looking to incorporate video into your business strategy, you’re making a smart move. However, if you’re still on the fence, then this post is for you. Psst…you’ll also find a FREE video strategy checklist! 🎁
Did you know that research finds that video has an online usage reach of over 90%? And the number of video viewers keeps on rising every year.
Whether it’s a 15-second video ad or a compilation, video marketing is one of the most effective ways you can capture your audience’s attention. Attention not only paves the way to being remembered, but it also has the power to pull prospects in, and ultimately that means more money, calls, and cases.
We don’t have to look far to see that this is true. Simply consider the number of videos you consume daily. Whether it’s 10 minutes or 6 hours, the reality is that most of us consume videos daily, and so does your audience.
Let’s quickly look at what video marketing for law firms means and some of the best practices to help you get started.
Video Marketing: Your Firm’s Ticket to Better Leads, Sales & Relationships
Video is your ticket to better leads, sales, and relationships. While you may see some success with traditional marketing, consider the leads you’re leaving up for grabs when you don’t implement videos.
In our LAWsome podcast, we’ve discussed how you can amplify your firm’s messaging strategy with video marketing.
But to briefly recap, video works because it provides extra value to your clients, and like all marketing, providing value is critical. Besides that, videos can help you:
- Create immersive experiences
- Strengthen your brand and personal connections
- Improve your SEO (It drives more traffic, and Google ranks traffic and click-throughs as major ranking factors.)
- Keep users interested for longer
- Recycle content between multiple platforms
And we could go on, but let’s quickly show you what we can do for you.
Scan the QR below to watch a 6-second video mockup for a personal injury firm:
There’s more to it than meets the eye! If you’d like more information on our video bundles, add-ons, etc. feel free to schedule a 1-1 with our Senior Marketing Advisor here.
Get Started With Proven Video Marketing Tactics
Whether you have a team in-house or want to rely on an agency, you need to ensure your video strategy is successful. This means looking into aspects like budget and time as well as:
- What kind of video content should your firm focus on?
- Where should the videos be published?
- How can you assure your video’s top quality?
To help tackle each of these critical aspects, let’s look at:
- Things to consider when producing a video
- Video content creation
- Where to post the video
- A FREE printable checklist to start planning your firm’s video strategy today!
Things to Consider When Producing Videos
There are quite a few factors you need to think about prior to the actual production and editing of videos, including:
- Camera: There’s no one right answer here. The video equipment that’s best for you should be based on quality and your budget. Schedule a 1-1 with us and we’ll give you some suggestions to get started.
- Lighting: Make sure the room is well lit and isn’t backlit.
- Sound: Besides needing a mic, you’ll need to make sure the location is quiet. Also, make sure you articulate clearly and speak loudly.
- Editing: This is the second half of a video strategy, and it’s a necessity as no one is likely to shoot a perfect video in one take. But for starters, try to shoot in shorter lengths and then grab and cut the best shots.
Video Content Creation
Most people outside the law don’t know the legal process, so you’ll want to provide reassurance and answers before a client comes through your doors. Thus, FAQs come in handy. They can help pretty much anyone in your sales funnel, from those just beginning to explore to those moving through the evaluation process.
Here are some questions you may cover:
- What cases does your firm handle?/ What’s your specialty?
- What are the fees and costs? How are they billed?
- How do I know if I have a possible case?
- How will I be informed about my case’s progress?
- Where are you located?
- Have you handled cases related to _____?
- Why did you go into law in the first place?
- What differentiates you from your competition? Why are you the best?
Where Your Firm Can Post Videos
The beauty of videos is that they are a great asset for content recycling. To help you, here are the top 3 places we recommend you post:
1. Your website: No matter where else you post your videos, they should always live on your website.
2.Social media platforms
- Facebook and Instagram: They’re technically owned channels, so you can cross-post between platforms.
- TikTok: With over 1 billion active users, there’s no doubt firms should take advantage of the TikTok market.
- YouTube: There’s no better place to post videos than this video-specific platform.
- LinkedIn: LinkedIn prioritizes videos, which is why it may come as no surprise that LinkedIn videos get 5X more engagement!
- Your emails: The people in your email list(s) are further down the sales funnel, and this is an excellent opportunity to nurture those leads with videos.
3.Avvo: By adding videos in Avvo you’re providing prospects a strong reason to contact and hire you versus the competition.
If you have made it this far, congratulations! Here’s a gift for you:
Get Started With Proven Video Marketing Tactics
Video can be your ticket to better leads, calls, and cases, but editing, posting, and measuring success is time-consuming.